ARRL National Search Site: http://www.arrl.org/hamradio.html . Use this link to learn a bit about Amateur Radio, and Locate a club in your area!
- Aiken: Aiken VE Sessions are held on the second Thursday of odd number months at Aiken Prep, 619 Barnwell Ave. NW Aiken, SC, at 7:00pm. Walk-ins are welcome. Information is also available on the North Augusta – Belvedere Radio Club K4NAB website, http://mywebpages.comcast.net/rwilliams309/K4NAB.html or for more Information contact: Glenn (W4FPE) email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barnwell: The SARS VE team has test sessions the third Saturday of each odd number month at the First Baptist Church, 161 Allen, Barnwell, SC at 9:30 AM. Walkins are welcome. Call 803 259-1865803 259-1865 or E-Mail email@example.com for more information.
- Charleston Area: VE testing, sponsored by the Trident Amateur Radio Club (TARC) is available on the third Wednesday evening of every month at 7:00 pm at the Goose Creek Masonic Lodge, Rte 176, across from the BiLo. Contact Robert Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Walk-ins welcome.
- Camden: VE Testing sessions are conducted the 2nd Saturday of each odd-numbered month. January, March, May, July, September, November. Sessions begin at 10 AM at the Kershaw County Amateur Radio Club headquarters, 1020 York Street, Room 16, Camden, SC. Please contact VE Liaison Bob Connell, KI4RAX, 36 Quiet Lane, Lugoff, SC 29020. email@example.com
- Columbia: VE Testing sessions are conducted the 2nd Saturday of each even-numbered month. February, April, June, August, October, December. Sessions start at 10am at the SCETV building on George Rogers Blvd in downtown Columbia. Please contact VE Liaison Harlan Sherriff, NC3C@arrl.net with any questions or to register for a session.
- Florence: Amateur radio exams are given 4 times a year in Florence SC on the 2nd Saturdays in February, April, October, and December at 9 a.m.sharp.
The February and October exams are given at the Methodist Manor in Florence, SC located at 2100 Twin Church Road. The April and December exams are given at the Carolinas Hospital System Building B, second floor classroom.
For maps to both sites see http://w4ulh.net/exam_dates.html.
The fee for the exam is $10 and payable by check (made out to WCARS) or cash. If you paying cash, please try to bring the exact amount. We have problems when we get too many $20 bills. If you have a license you must bring a copy of your license AND the original license, a photo ID and a credit card with your name on it.
For more information contact Wayne Howell, 1-843-662-07331-843-662-0733 or firstname.lastname@example.org (That is letter O after 4 and NOT zero.) GOOD LUCK ON THE EXAM.
- Myrtle Beach: VE Testing 4th Saturday of every odd month (Except November) 9am in the American Red Cross building, 2795 Pampus Drive, Myrtle Beach at the former Myrtle Beach Air Force Base. The test session in November is typically the second Saturday of the month to coincide with the Myrtle Beach Hamfest. Walk-ins are welcome! This information is also available on the W4GS Website.
- Rock Hill: Testing held at the YCARS Clubhouse on the third Saturday of February, April, June, August, and December. Testing is also held on the first Saturday in October at the Rock Hill Hamfest. VE Testing coordinator is Jason Starnes, AI4GY . For further information, visit www.ycars.org .
Submissions: Please give full information on additions to this page via e-mail to email@example.com . Please give details, and either a phone number, e-mail address or web address for further information. Please have the information organized in your e-mail to me so that I can cut and paste the information to this page.
73 de Marc N4UFP